Magill’s Medical Guide — The Guide covers diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology, and issues in an A-Z format, with sidebars addressing recent developments in medicine and concise information boxes for all diseases and disorders.
This 5-Volume set is also available in Reference Collection on the 1st floor in the Library. The call number is RC41 .M34 2008.
These books are now available on shelf in the Library.
- Encyclopedia of nursing research
- Magill’s medical guide
- Nurse’s 3-minute clinical reference
- Resumes for nursing careers
- Teaching strategies for nurse educators
- Client teaching guides for home health care
- Concept mapping : a critical-thinking approach to care planning
- Emergency nursing core curriculum
- Evidence-based Nursing Care Guidelines Medical-surgical Interventions.
- Evidence-based practice for nurses : appraisal and application of research
- Guidelines for nurse practitioners in gynecologic settings
- Integrated theory and knowledge development in nursing
- Nurse’s toolbook for promoting wellness
- Nursing diagnosis reference manual
- Nursing ethics : across the curriculum and into practice
- Nursing interventions classification (NIC)
- Nursing outcomes classification (NOC)
- Practice guidelines for acute care nurse practitioners
- Priorities in critical care nursing
- Public health nursing : population-centered health care in the community
- Qualitative research proposals and reports : a guide
- Transcultural nursing : assessment and intervention
- Visual nursing : a guide to diseases, skills, and treatments.
- Wong’s clinical manual of pediatric nursing.
- Acute and critical care clinical nurse specialists : synergy for best practices
- Applied mathematics for database professionals
- Basic concepts of psychiatric-mental health nursing
- Body of work : meditations on mortality from the human anatomy lab
- Clinical skills manual for pediatric nursing : caring for children
- Davis’s guide to clinical nursing skills
- Deciphering diagnostic tests.
- Interpreting signs & symptoms.
- Lippincott’s nursing drug guide
- Nurse’s drug handbook 2007
- Nursing and the privilege of prescription, 1893-2000
- Nursing research : generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice
- Nursing spectrum drug handbook.
- Perfecting clinical procedures.
- Treatments : language, politics, and the culture of illness
- UCL Hospitals injectable medicines administration guide
- Advancing practice in rehabilitation nursing
Martindale’s The Reference Desk- A very large reference site originally found at the University of California at Irvine. It is broken down by different subject areas. An excellent reference and one of the best compilations of Health, Medicine, and Nursing Information. Key pages include: The “Virtual” Nursing Center; The “Virtual” Medical Center; and Health Science Guide – 2008
NursingCenter.com- Lippincott’s nursing center provides electronic resources for nursing in the areas of education, research and practice. Note: Parts of the site have restricted access for members.
Allnurses.com- A Yahoo type of internet search engine specifically for nursing.
The ADAM Medical Encyclopedia (Hosted by MEDLINEplus Health Information)– The ADAM Health Illustrated Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries. It also contains an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations.
Physicians & Health Professionals
ADA Member Directory- This directory is a comprehensive list of ADA members compiled and published by the American Dental Association.
CertifiedDoctor Service- This is service of American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), for locating doctors who are board certified by one of it’s 24 Medical Boards. Information displayed includes board certifications, telephone numbers, address, hospital affiliations, health plan affiliations, and physicians and hospital web pages.
DocFinder- This is a list of licensed health professionals by state from the Administrators in Medicine (AIM).
Hospitals & Health Organizations
American Hospital Directory- Online information about hospital data such as hospital characteristics, services, financial statistics, and impatient & outpatient statistics.
HospitalWeb- A list of USA Hospitals and Global Hospitals that have information on the Internet.